PHWF Polish-Hungarian Wrld.Fdrtn

The Polish-Hungarian World Federation was founded in 1968 by pre-WWII Consul General of Poland in Chicago Dr. Karol Rippa. Based on the 1000 years of close ties; economic, cultural and political, between the two counties. This relationship served to stabilize Europe during a time when there was great turmoil directed sometimes from the East sometimes from the South and even from the West. The two counties often, through royal unions cemented these bonds, thereby creating political stability on the continent. Both countries became Christian nations about the same time and both were at the vanguard of defense against incursions by the Ottoman Empire over the course of hundreds of years. In this crucible, the heart of Europe, Pols and Hungarians forged a brotherhood which lasts to this day.